The African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) is an association (regional network) of financial institutions that provide financial services to the rural population in Africa, with few affiliated non-financial institutions. Membership is open and consists of but not limited to the following categories of institutions: Central Banks; Central Bank similar institutions; Agricultural and Development Banks; Commercial Banks; Microfinance Institutions; Apex Organizations such as Microfinance Networks and Sacco’s; Universities; Training Institutions and Research Institutions; Insurance organisations; Ministerial agencies dealing in poverty reduction with a focus on rural and agricultural development.
AFRACA wishes to prequalify suppliers from competent organisations for the supply of goods, and delivery of various goods and services for the period 2024 to 2025 in the following categories;
|CATEGORY A: PROVISION OF GOODS
|Supply of General office equipment, items and supplies.
|CATEGORY B: DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES
|Provision of maintenance (garages) services for Motor vehicles
|Provision of Insurance Brokerage and Underwriting Services
|Provision of Air Travel and Related agency services (IATA accredited firms only)
|Provision of Tax and Audit Services,
|Provision of Legal Services (Civil and criminal)
|Provision of web hosting Services/ Provision Software Solutions Development
|Provision of Design, layout, Publication, Banners, Production and Colour Printing Services
|Provision Courier Services
All firms must provide:
- Copies of Certificate of Registration or Incorporation
- Copy of VAT Registration Certificate
- Current/Valid Tax Compliance Certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority
- Copies of PIN Certificates of Firm/Company
- List of ongoing contracts (goods/services)
- Letters of recommendation from three of your major clients indicating contact person(s) and their telephone number.
- Bank references.
- Company profile that shall include details of the management team.
- Transport firms must attach evidence of having taken all the insurance covers.
- Where mandatory for service provision, each firm must provide evidence of registration with Professional bodies/Authorities.
- Professional indemnity insurance cover where applicable
- Air Ticketing firms must be IATA-registered.
N/B: Prospective suppliers must have premises, a valid trading license and meet all other Government of Kenya requirements to engage in business. Those that are exempt from this requirement should provide proof.
All relevant documents relating to the prequalification and any correspondence shall be in the English Language. Interested firms and individuals may submit their applications with relevant documents relating to the prequalification in a plain sealed envelope or via electronic mail clearly titled: “PREQUALIFICATION NO: AFRACA/PREQ/001/2023” to the address indicated below:
African Rural and Agricultural Credit Association (AFRACA) Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS)
Noordin Road, Off Thika Super Highway
P.O. Box 41378-00100 Nairobi, Kenya
The applications should be received on or before 13th October 2023
*Only shortlisted firms and/or individuals will be invited to submit quotations for an assignment. Canvassing shall lead to disqualification.