Deadline:15th June 2021
Kakuma Kalobeyei Challenge Fund (KKCF) is a five-year programme (that is currently in its first year of implementation) designed to support private sector investment and unlock the economic potential of refugees and their hosts in the Kakuma-Kalobeyei refugee-hosting area in northern Kenya.
KKCF aims to attract private companies and support local entrepreneurs to create jobs and improve service provision in the Kakuma area. The program targets all private sector players, from small companies and medium-sized family businesses to social enterprises and large firms.
KKCF is a program of the International Finance Corporation (IFC) with AECF as the implementing partner.
The Senior Portfolio Officer is responsible for actively managing the combined portfolio of KKCF’s Private Sector Window and Social Enterprises Window projects (about 20 companies).
- Conduct due diligence on prospective investee companies.
- Prepare investment memorandums, financial models, and supporting documentation to be presented to the internal Investment Review Committee and the Independent Investment Committee.
- Ensure that defined transactional requirements recorded in documentation are executed accordingly and further, monitor the portfolio and report development results internally and to the donor.
- Monitor and track financial and impact performance of investee companies assuring a healthy portfolio.
- Engage investees on a regular basis and serve as an active risk/growth investment partner to the companies.
- Prepare and deliver reports on financial performance and development impact objectives for internal purpose and for inclusion in reports to the donors and stakeholders.
- Working with the AECF Impact Team, develop results measurements plans with each investee, and support monitoring and evaluation activities at the investee level during implementation, to ensure quality impact reporting.
- Ensure program compliance with all AECF and implementing partner policies and procedures, local laws and regulations that govern AECF.
- Contribute to the building of AECF’s knowledge base for best practices and participate in knowledge sharing and dissemination.
More information about this position is available at: https://www.aecfafrica.org/
To apply for this position email: https://recruitment.aecfafrica.org