Deadline: 18th July 2021
Are you a SMEs located in Ashanti or Western Regions of Ghana aged between 18-35? Do you have innovative solutions ready to be upscaled at market level that address challenges in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Renewable Energy and Agriculture sectors?
The Boosting Green Employment and Enterprise Opportunities in Ghana (GrEEn) project led by the Netherlands Development Organization and supported by the European Fund is currently receiving applications from SMEs and businesses that have outstanding, innovative green ideas on its innovation challenge.
A total of up to EUR 25,000 per SME will be awarded in the form of matching grants to 8 selected SMEs. The innovation challenge aims to:
- Promote the green and circular economy in Ghana
- Promote green product/service innovation
- Contribute to the creation of green jobs whilst strengthening the business skills of green entrepreneurs
- Improve access to the market for green products by highlighting and showcasing green businesses and SMEs and supporting the operations and sustainability of green SMEs
The GrEEn Innovation Challenge will have the following key elements:
- Matching grants will be awarded as co-investments through a competitive process
- Provide up to €25,000 of the total required investment for the proposed initiatives on an 80:20 basis.
- Investment size will depend on the level of innovation, commercial viability, environmental and social impact potential of the selected initiatives.
- The GrEEn Challenge Fund will contribute up to €25,000 of the funds needed for the proposed initiative for eight (8) SMEs
- The SMEs will co-invest on a 20:80 basis with cash and in-kind contributions
- The SMEs are required to have at least 10% equity as their co-investment. Any in-kind contribution must be specific and directly related to the project
- The cash contribution can be recently procured direct capital expenditure (equipment, physical assets etc) or project operational expenses
To apply please visit: https://snv.org/update/2021-green-innovation-challenge?fbclid=IwAR3oODTQKLfiub0qarzsAeCuYlYNevQYGz0x3BB-2Lilro6nh_94G1ldqms