The African Rural and Agricultural Association (AFRACA) with funding support from the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) through its Multidisciplinary Fund (MDF) is currently implementing a ten-month project on “Financing Innovation for Sustainable Fisheries with the Private Sector” which aims to support fishing businesses in Kenya access formal micro-finance and credit resources enabling them to innovate and scale up their fishing activities.
We are excited to share with you this scholarship opportunity on governance of Fisheries Activities along the value chain. Are you interested in building resilient fisheries communities? And do you have an academic degree in a discipline relevant to fisheries management and governance (in for example fisheries management or research, fisheries extension & training, development of coastal or inland fisheries communities or dealing with aquatic resource use issues)?
The Orange Knowledge Programme is managed by Nuffic and funded by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs is giving scholarships to mid-career professionals who are living and working in the following countries: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Colombia, Congo (DRC), Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guatemala, Guinea, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Liberia, Mali, Mozambique, Myanmar, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Suriname, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Vietnam, Yemen and Zambia
What should you expect at the end of the course?
- Know the potential of fisheries for food and nutrition security and challenges undermining this.
- Understand the concepts of food security and fisheries governance and the importance of stakeholder engagement.
- Explore the possibilities, and pre-conditions of good (enough) governance.
- Be able to apply participatory methodologies and tools to develop a pathway of change for a virtual fishery case;
- Explore institutional and policy arrangements needed to mainstream food security into fisheries governance.
Deadline 15th June 2021
Apply here: https://bit.ly/3vapuOi