Self Help Africa is currently managing the AgriFI Challenge Fund on behalf of the EU. This is an €18M fund to support agricultural businesses to increase their sourcing capacity through working with smallholder farmers.
The organization is looking for a dynamic proactive and result oriented individual to head the AgriFI- Value Chain Implementation Team and provide strategic leadership technical oversight and direct management of the programme – in particular the EUR 18M challenge fund.
1. In depth knowledge of agricultural finance, banking and investment/project appraisal
2. At least 10 years’ experience in the implementation of agri-business development projects, 5 of which working with Lead Firms/MSMEs within value chains or related projects, at a similar level
3. Strong project management skills and understanding of project cycle management approaches and tools – including planning, project appraisal, monitoring and evaluation and partners’ capacity building
4. Experience of working with donors in development programmes Experience of multi-year donor-funded Challenge fund programmes
5. A thorough understanding of Value Chain Development and designing strategies and approaches for enhancing Value Chain Integration
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and team building skills
7. Experience in networking among development partners and government departments
8. Ability to apply functional marketing, business planning, enterprise finance and investment, business growth advisory service or related areas.
If you are interested in the position and have the right skills and attributes, send your CV and contact details to Alison Cannon at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Self Help Africa Team Leader Kenya”.
More information available at: https://selfhelpafrica.org/ie/team-leader-agrifi-challenge-fund-2/